Office and Project Manager – Job Description & Requirements
Culture Vultures (a.k.a AIR Sefrou) is an arts-focused, social enterprise located in the Fez / Meknes region, in the market town of Sefrou. With artist residency programs at its core, Culture Vultures also bridges cultures through a variety of initiatives, including artisan connections, study group immersion programs, community arts activities, and a public arts projection for Sefrou. Community engagement and social responsibility are imperative components to C.V.’s activities, with an emphasis on the arts at their core.
We are excited to announce that we are currently seeking a reliable and highly responsible individual with superior written and verbal communication skills (English essential) to join our team. This is a key position in our organization. You will work in a creative and expansive environment that encourages independence and creativity. There are a broad range of duties and responsibilities, offering a unique and fulfilling position to the right candidate. An open mind to all cultural and art forms is an asset.
This is a full time position. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administration and management of Culture Vulture office (located in the Sefrou medina) including all aspects of day-to-day office operations, systems and activities.
- Management of communication systems.
- Supervision and maintenance of all electronic platforms and social media.
- Administration and co-management of C.V.’s various programs and initiatives.
- Hands-on involvement in the development of arts focused projects.
- Management and support for all aspects of organizing and facilitating guest visits and artist residency stays, including getting and orientation of guests, facilitation of intercultural dialogue and co-management programs.
- Extensive mail correspondence (in English).
- Interact with guests, prospective guests, visiting artists and other guests, partners, local community leaders and members, and a wide variety of individuals, both local and from around the world.
- Provide ongoing hands-on support in the co-management of the efficient operation and running of C.V.’s small guesthouse.
- As a member of the team of managers, the ability to work as an effective member of the team and provide ongoing support to colleagues in other management roles is vital.
Photo by Cat Wilson
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and excellent English is essential.
- Strong computer skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft O
- Previous successful work experience in an office environment and with a
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and cross culture sensitivity.
- Excellent time management skills, including ability to work both independently as well as a cohesive and friendly member of a team. Must be able to prioritize effectively, work well under pressure at times, multi-task and meet deadlines on a regular basis.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively independently as well as a part of a team are essential requirements for this position.
- Discretion, diplomacy, and cultural and political sensitivity.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
Period of contract: There will be a three-month trial period. Upon successful completion and formal review, potential thereafter to continue through a renewable 32 month contract. Role assessment and review after 9 months.
Work Schedule: Full time – Five and ½ days (5 ½ days) per week
Salary: MAD 2800 / month
Application deadline: 28th September 2017
Send a letter of intention and an up-to-date C.V. to Jess at email@example.com
Interviews to take place between Monday the 2nd to Friday the 6th of October. Job to start the week of 9th of October. Do not hesitate to connect with Jess Stephens for further inquiries before making an application.